Business Development Manager
Why You Want This
- Generous compensation potential via salary, commission and equity
- Join the PropTech industry's #1 venture capital, startup acceleration, and international advisory firm
- Make an immediate impact on the future of real estate through your day-to-day work activities
- Grow your career into technology, venture capital, and beyond with a dynamic team in a fabulous Flatiron/Chelsea office location
The Business Development Manager position is a new role within our fast growing PropTech firm. The Business Development Manager will work alongside MetaProp’s founders and partners to create new relationships and to sell MetaProp related services to the firm’s clients: top local and multinational real estate and finance industry organizations. The Business Development Manager will work closely with CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and innovation leaders to understand their cultural, corporate development, and brand/marketing issues, create strategies for change, win buy-in for recommendations, and collaborate with fellow MetaProp team members to transform client potential into performance. The Business Development Manager will report to MetaProp Co-Founder and Managing Director Aaron Block.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience
- Deep existing relationships in the real estate community.
- Demonstrated success selling into the C-suite with a track record of closing sales of complex systems or services and protracted sales cycles.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Comfortable using and maintaining detailed CRM records.
- Experience with technology, start-ups and entrepreneurial environments with scarce resources
- Ability to work autonomously while communicating w/ colleagues regularly on a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Identify and cultivate long-term business relationships with real estate industry financiers, owners, managers, builders, occupiers, service providers, and other key stakeholders
- Develop and plan account strategies that provide the greatest opportunity to make sales.
- Assist MetaProp team with proposals, presentations, meetings, and events.
- Generate sales that meet or exceed established goals.
- Maintain detailed notes in MetaProp CRM that accurately summarize the status of sales activities.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings.
- Amplify collective sales opportunities by introducing decision-makers and key client contacts to colleagues and managers.
- Identify, research, analyze, and communicate competitive sales strategies.
- Participate in key industry associations and events to increase awareness of the Company’s brand and favorably position the Company to targeted clients within the community.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Other activities as directed by MetaProp MD
- Modest base salary
- Sales commission
- Equity participation
About MetaProp NYC
MetaProp NYC is the world’s premier real estate technology nexus. Based in the heart of Manhattan’s Silicon Alley, the MetaProp NYC 22-week Accelerator and 8-week Pre-Accelerator at Columbia University are the leading programs for high growth PropTech startups. Each year, up to 20 of the best technology driven real estate industry ideas are selected to participate in intensive education, mentorship and growth hacking programs, culminating in exclusive Graduation Defense panels and bi-coastal Demo Days for partners, investors, VCs and media. Founded in 2015, the accelerator boasts 100+ mentors, 10 renowned corporate partners and widespread media coverage from the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Inman, EG, Nikkei, and more. MetaProp NYC's team and strategic seed stage funds have invested in 70+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people globally. MetaProp Advisors provides strategic advisory services, growth consulting, communications, event management and market research for real estate companies that are serious about innovation. In addition, MetaProp Advisors produces New York City Real Estate Tech Week and publishes the Global PropTech Confidence Index.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.