Last week, MetaProp NYC and our partners -- NYCEDC, REBNY, RICS, DLA Piper, EisnerAmper, Millennium Partners, Silicon Valley Bank, Warburg Realty and Zillow -- proudly presented the third annual MetaProp Accelerator @ Columbia University New York City Demo Day. The full-day event was bigger and better than ever. Congratulations to the 2017/2018 class graduates!
In addition to the media and venture community, our startups mingled with top executives from Blackstone, which graciously hosted NYC Demo Day, as well as with Ackman Ziff, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, Kimco, KPMG, Millennium Partners, Partnership for NYC, REBNY, Related, Savills Studley, Toll Brothers, Warburg Realty and many more.
The day kicked off with a first-of-its kind Open House for the general public and broader PropTech community. MetaProp portfolio company Spacious hosted the event in their gorgeous HQ on 53rd Street. Guests were treated to coffee, live demos and casual networking.
In the evening, our startups revealed their progress to the world during the third annual NYC Demo Day. Some pre-presentation highlights:
- MetaProp partner Clelia Peters welcomed international guests;
- Blackstone’s Tyler Henritze gave an overview of the firm’s PropTech innovation strategy;
- MetaProp partner Zak Schwarzman shared the latest venture capital and market trends;
- MetaProp partner Zach Aarons shared his annual “Bold PropTech Predictions;”
- MetaProp partner Aaron Block gave an update on MetaProp’s three business lines:
- Venture Capital Investments, Advisory Services and Startup Acceleration.
Of course, the majority of the NYC Demo Day was spent hearing from the graduates. Some presentation highlights from social media: