Principal, MetaProp Advisors
Why You Want This
- Build a business within the PropTech industry's #1 venture capital, startup acceleration and international advisory firm
- Attractive earning potential via salary, bonus and equity compensation
- Build influential relationships in real estate, technology and venture capital industries
- Grow your career with a dynamic team in a fabulous Flatiron/Chelsea office location
The Principal position is a new role within our fast growing PropTech firm. The Principal will partner with MetaProp partners to execute existing and future client relationships and will have a growing role in strategy, team leadership, and business development.
The Principal will work closely with real estate clients--typically national or multinational category leaders in their respective real estate categories--to understand their innovation issues, create strategies for change, win buy-in for recommendations, and collaborate with fellow MetaProp team members to transform client potential into performance.
Over time, the Principal will build and manage diverse teams of consulting talent by guiding their efforts, directing their talents, and expanding their knowledge and skills to deliver strategic and sustainable solutions for our MetaProp Advisors clients. The Principal will report to MetaProp Co-Founder and Managing Director Aaron Block - although we expect a high performing Principal to quickly grow into a partner role within our small, fast growing team.
- 5+ years of top tier management consulting experience as a Consultant, Project Leader, Engagement Manager, Case Team Leader/Manager, or Principal (or equivalent)
- Real estate and/or financial services industry familiarity and, ideally, experience with private equity and/or venture capital.
- 2+ years of experience with technology, start-ups and entrepreneurial environments with scarce resources
- Ability to work autonomously while communicating w/ colleagues regularly on a team
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Management and Corporate Development Advisory
- Drive and coordinate management consulting engagements focused on real estate innovation
- Conduct in depth client and market research
- Develop and support client innovation strategy, content, working groups, workshops, events, and competitions; synthesize appropriate results into recommendations
- Support clients during the implementation of identified recommendations
- Innovation Ventures Advisory
- Lead and coordinate incubation, spin out and other client internal incubation programs
- Define operating model options for new startup ventures and define their commercial launch and go-to-market strategies.
- Initiate startup venture building and recruit leadership teams to lead new venture growth
- Help conceptualize and be accountable for MetaProp Advisors consulting strategy
- Coach and develop associates
- Support the partners on further business development activities by helping in developing sales offers, manage relationships with business partners, support in development of programming, articles, marketing plan, events, and other content.
- Other activities as directed by MetaProp MD
- Modest base salary
- Large performance bonus
- Substantial equity
About MetaProp NYC
MetaProp NYC is the world’s premier real estate technology nexus. Based in the heart of Manhattan’s Silicon Alley, the MetaProp NYC 22-week Accelerator and 8-week Pre-Accelerator at Columbia University are the leading programs for high growth PropTech startups. Each year, up to 20 of the best technology driven real estate industry ideas are selected to participate in intensive education, mentorship and growth hacking programs, culminating in exclusive Graduation Defense panels and bi-coastal Demo Days for partners, investors, VCs and media. Founded in 2015, the accelerator boasts 100+ mentors, 10 renowned corporate partners and widespread media coverage from the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Inman, EG, Nikkei, and more. MetaProp NYC's team and strategic seed stage funds have invested in 70+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people globally. MetaProp Advisors provides strategic advisory services, growth consulting, communications, event management and market research for real estate companies that are serious about innovation. In addition, MetaProp Advisors produces New York City Real Estate Tech Week and publishes the Global PropTech Confidence Index.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a brief email outlining your interests, and the position in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.